The Definition of Tourism varies source by source, person by person. There is no consensus concerning the definition of tourism. Nearly every each institution define "Tourism" differently. But When it comes to explain it with the basic terms, we can sum it up as follows;
"Tourism is a collection of activities, services and industries which deliver a travel experience comprising transportation, accommodation, eating and drinking establishments, retail shops, entertainment businesses and othe hospitality services provided for individuals or groups traveling away from home"
"The sum of the phenomena and relationships arising from the interaction of tourists, business suppliers, host goverments and host communities in the process of attracting and hostin these tourists and other visitors"
Macintosh and Goeldner
First Definition for Tourism
The first definition of tourism was made by Guyer Feuler in 1905.
UNWTO Definition of Tourism
In order to prevent the disaccords to define "Tourism", UNWTO defined it as indicated below;
"Tourism comprises the activities of persons traveling to and staying in places outside their usual environment for not more than one consecutive year for leisure, business and other purposes."
Tourism is different from travel. In order for tourism to happen, there must be a displacement: an individual has to travel, using any type of means of transportation (he might even travel on foot: nowadays, it is often the case for poorer societies, and happens even in more developed ones, and concerns pilgrims, hikers …). But all travel is not tourism.
Three criteria are used simultaneously in order to characterize a trip as belonging to tourism. The displacement must be such that;
- It involves a displacement outside the usual environment: this term is of utmost importance and will be discussed later on;
- Type of purpose: the travel must occur for any purpose different from being remunerated from within the place visited: the previous limits, where tourism was restricted to recreation and visiting family and friends are now expanded to include a vast array of purposes;
- Duration: only a maximal duration is mentioned, not a minimal. Tourism displacement can be with or without an overnight stay. We shall discuss the particularity of in transit visits, from a conceptual and statistical point of view.
ASP.Net Chart Control On Shared Hosting Environment, Chartimagehandler / Parser Error Problem Solution
[This Article is for those who can manage to run Chart Control on Local Server but not on Web Server]
Chart Control of ASP.Net 3.5 is very handy way to get statictical data as charts. There are variety of ways to display data with Chart Control. Also it is extramely simple to adapt it to your project. But as I hear from so many ASP.Net user nowadays, there might be some problems when it comes to publish it on your web server, especially on shared hosting servers !
After you install the Chart Control, in order to run ASP.Net chart control on your project, you need to configure your web.config file on your root directory which you have already done (I guess !). If you do that properly, you are able to run it on your local server perfectly. But it is not enough for you to be good to go on your web server.
You need to have Chart Control installed on your web server in order to run it on web !
It is easy to do that if you have your own server but for those who have their website files on a shared hosting service, it is a bit hard. But you do not need to beg your hosting provider to make it be installed on server. Only you need to do is to make proper changes on your web.config file and believe me those changes are much more simple than you think ! Of Course, some references is needed to be added to the Bin Folder on your root directory !
- Follow this directory on windows explorer:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Chart Controls\Assemblies
- You will see 4 DLL files inside the folder. Two of those files are for Windows Applications and two of them for Web Applications. We need web application dll files so copy the dll files which are named 'System.Web.DataVisualization.Design' and 'System.Web.DataVisualization'
- Paste those dll files into the Bin folder on the root directory of your Web Application.
- Secondly, open the Web.Config file on the root directory of your web application.
- Find the <appSettings> node. You have a key add inside this just like below;
<add key="ChartImageHandler" value="storage=file;timeout=20;dir=c:\TempImageFiles\;" />
Replace this tag with the new one as below;
<add key="ChartImageHandler" value="storage=file;timeout=20;"/>
Save the changes on your Web.Config file and close it. Now copy the two dll inside the bin folder and replace the Web.Config file on your server with your new Web.Config file.
That's it !
Now you should be able to run the Chart Control on your Web Server without begging your hosting provider :) If you have any problem with this, I recommend you to check the following codes if they exist on your Web.Config file or not;
...... ... ... ...
As everybody aproves that Excel is a great solution to us in our business amd personal life. In this article, I am going to explain you how to make conditional formating in Microsoft Office Excel 2007. Let me detail the basics of conditional formating and its function.
If you want to be made being aware of by Excel for certain things in a table, you are at the right place. Condtional Fromating in Excel enables you to specify some rules on cells based on its content or contents of another cell and those rules will point out the values according the your rule. You can specify font type, font size, font color and any other things for those cells. Actually, conditional formating function of excel is a huge topic to explain. It has a lot of handy function insed itself but in this article of mine we will learn the basics of conditional formating.
Let’s demostrate an example by setting a conditional format on cells and I am sure it will help to grasp the idea easily;
Conditional Formating Section is situated inside the Home part of the Microsoft Excel 2007. As you can see on the below picture it has a lot of section inside itself.
We are not going to detail all of its function and we will demostrate a basic example on this article.
Set Conditional Format To A Cell Based On Cell Content
Say that you are planning to make a table for your university grades and we have midtrem grades on this table.
And you want that grades cells under 43 will be shown as red. Before we start, select the cells you wanna set the rules on and follow these steps;
- Go to Conditional Formating section on Home part and follow Highlight Cells Rules > Less Than…
- And you will see a new window like this:
Let’s dig our this new window. The left box is the place where we will enter our target value which we want it to be our basis value of the rule. On our case, it needs to be 43 because we want the grades being under 43 to be formatted. After we do that, it comes to magic part.
- On the right dropdownlist, we will choose or set our rule which we want to set on our target. As soon as you expand it, you will see the values there;
Microsoft Office offers us these values automaticaly. These are most comman used values and we will use Red Text here. After we all do that our window should look like this;
You probably notice Custom Format inside this list. We will not dig out that in this article but that part gives you the ability to be more flexible on your rule.
- And then you will see what we have.